Monday, March 14, 2016

A beer and a view of the ocean

Monday March 14, 2016


I wanted to do something today, but not so much as to exhaust me for tomorrow’s last tour of the Algarve. I decided to go exploring a little farther down “The Strip”. I ran into the guy that drags people into one of the patio bars. We had had a conversation when I had a drink not long ago. He chatted me up and said, “Why don’t you go down to the beach?” I thought that was the perfect activity for today. I headed down. Well, it all was going OK until I hit some parts of the walkways that were precarious. I had a few scares. I thought I was going to topple over. Well, I made it down with the added help of some passers-by at a non-cut out in the walkway. I figured I needed a beer after that just to steady my nerves. 

I found a place (there are many along the boardwalk) and got a snack and the local superblock beer. I watched the waves break on the shore and people play on the beach. The wind was ever present, but it wasn’t too cold.


The way up the hill was not as bad, oddly enough. I decided to stay on the roadway to avoid any weird slanted spots that might cause problems. It turned out to be a good idea. The traffic was light and I had enough juice to make it up the steepest part.  Yeah!!

I headed back to the hotel for a siesta. I was going to go out for some fresh fish, but I think it will be more prudent for me to have a quiet night and get ready for my adventure tomorrow.  I have been pacing myself, but sometimes I still wish I had more energy to do more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment