Monday, March 14, 2016

Piri Piri chicken and a watercolour

Sunday, March 13, 2016

I was a little better today, but still slow moving. I was determined, however, to find the ever talked about Piri Piri chicken. I was again taking the recommendation from Miguel and going to a place just up the road from me. O Manuel do Frango.

 I was not disappointed. Wow, how do they make the chicken so juicy!  I was in heaven. I also hadn’t had chips so good since Ireland. Different cut in the potatoes, but just as good a taste. At long last I could be part of the crowd that raved about the chicken. I may just have to go back. You can only eat so much at one sitting.

I returned to my room to begin my blog and to write up the reviews for Miguel’s tours. I was in the process of typing when there was a knock on the door. I called out and it was Brigit and John, one of the couples I had befriended from Calgary. They came around to my patio so I could let them in easier. Well, of all the nice things! John is a cartoonist and created a watercolor for me about my exploits with Delfim on the side car tour! I was so taken aback. What a nice thing to do. He was impressed at how I just went out there and did things. So, lovely. I still have a smile on my face.

I hope he doesn’t mind me showing his work because I just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment